Thursday, January 20, 2011

Born into Brothels and Hampe

In Hampe's article many different things were discussed for example, what you can do to a documentary. Hampe discussed how documentary's can be cut and edited. I think that Born into Brothels was ethical. It was a very moving and touching documentary. It made me feel sorry for the kids. It was upsetting at the end to see that a few of them are going off to school but then right after that they show you how far the children have really gone and only a few were able to change their lives. When I was watching it I wanted to see most of the kids succeed in changing there lifestyle and when I saw them leaving I was happy for them but then when I saw that many of them were pulled out by their family it upset me all over again. I think that this example fits to help prove Hampe's point of a ethical documentary.
Overall I believe that Hampe is trying to tell us what a ethical documentary is. Hampe talked about how no one would know "the other side" because the filmmakers will show you only their point of view. In some documentaries that may be true, I do believe that some and most of them focus on the point that they want to prove and what they want you to believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment